President of Curriculum of Teaching and Learning Student Association at University of Toronto
- Led a team of 10 graduate students at Ontario Institute of Studies in Education.
- Organized and supervised various student, staff and extracurricular events.
- Co-organized several fund raisers and food drives.
- Counselled students on educational and personal issues.
- Organized active and passive events and activities for 64 students on my floor.
- Developed and managed educational and professional workshops for 1st year undergraduate students.
- Planned annual curriculum for all English classes at SNFL high school.
- Led the team of 4 foreign English teachers at school.
- Worked alongside 20 other Korean English teachers in developing a 2010 Korean national SAT.
- Supervised a team of 50 security agents at the Olympics
- Participated in developing daily security plans alongside RCMP
- Worked in crisis prevention and customer support
TEACHING AND COUNSELLING
Mathematics MYP and DP teacher at TCIS in Daejeon, South Korea
- Taught grades 8-12 math using WASC and IB curricula
- Supervised various clubs and events
- Organized an iPad for education conference and presented at Google conference in Seoul
- Counseled students on personal, academic and mental issues.
- Planned various events and fund raisers.
- Helped students resolve personal issues and roommate problems.
- Taught grades 11-12 math at SEED alternative.
- Developed math activities and projects to engage students with various levels of math knowledge.
- Worked with academic and applied students, used technology to encourage engagement.
- Taught grades 10-12 at Vaughan Road Academy and North Toronto Collegiate Institute.
- Planned traditional and computer biology labs and projects.
- Worked with athletic students in INTERACT program and helped them learn despite attendance problems.
- Taught various levels of English and developed month long units.
- Planned classes in TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS and Business English.
- Experienced teaching international teenage students and adults from various countries.
- Worked as an English teacher, promoted to head teacher after a year.
- Taught AP classes in biology and psychology.
- Developed and taught a class on film studies and film making with students participating in various film contests.
- Taught grade 1-6 students at an English academy in Seoul.
- Participated in school events and tutored students after class.
- Worked with parents and staff in developing school events.
IMAGINATION AND CREATIVITY
- Worked as a part-time photographer for the past 9 years.
- Perfected the use of editing software and photographic techniques.
- Recognized for having a few photos published by BBC.
- Made several short films and music videos.
- Participated in several film contests.
- Taught a film class and assisted students in making an award-winning music video in Korea.
- Produced various types of film media for my personal Youtube channel.
- Over 10 million views and 10000 subscribers as of 2015.
- Started an educational Youtube channel, filming various tutorials on biological and math topics related to video games.
New College Residence Don
- Worked alongside 20 other dons in developing a year-long residence activity plan.
- Participated in a month long team building exercise.
- Co-planned and co-organized residence events, contests and activities.
- Participated in several student initiatives and debates.
- Co-organized several faculty events.
- Represented the student voice and negotiated student interests at the graduate level.
- Worked with 7 other faculty members in choosing the winner for the annual excellence award,
- Responsible for representing the student voice at OISE.
- Recognized for critical approach to choosing the best candidates.
- Active member of several PLC at each of the schools I worked at.
- Co-planned and co-organized staff meetings and learning activities.
- Participated in Professional Development sessions alongside other members.
- Traveled on every major continent (except Antarctica) and have been to over 20 countries.
- Lived in northern and western Canada, Russia, Australia, South Korea, Germany and Singapore.
- Learned to communicate without the knowledge of the language. and acquired the social skills necessary to survive in various cultures.
- Responsible for conflict resolution at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics.
- Worked as a health center supervisor and was responsible for the highest level of customer service at YM-YWHA in Montreal.
- Learned the highest level of professionalism when working as a freelance photographer and videographer in Canada and South Korea.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Russian.
- Great conversational French.
- Currently learning Korean.